New Covid-19 restrictions for County Durham
New local restrictions have been introduced across the North East from Friday 18 September to help address the significant rise in Coronavirus in our region over the recent weeks.
The new measures are now in place, meaning regulations now lawfully ban the following:
- Residents must not socialise with other people outside of their own households or support bubble in private homes and gardens.
- Hospitality for food and drink will be restricted to table service only.
- Late night restriction of operating hours will be introduced, with leisure and entertainment venues required to close between 10.00pm to 5.00am.
Residents are also advised to adhere to the following guidance to further reduce rates of infection:
- Residents should not socialise with other people outside of their own households in all public venues.
- Residents are advised to only use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work.
- Holidays should be taken within your own household or support bubble.
- Residents are advised against attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators.
The County Durham Together community hub continues to be available for medically vulnerable residents and can be contacted by ringing 03000 260 260 between 9.00am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday or by emailing email@example.com. See Get help if you're self-isolating for full information.
For more information on these restrictions please visit: https://www.durham.gov.uk/localrestrictions